Sunday, January 6, 2008

Rubber Ducky



I sure blew it this week! I took that short ride on New Years Eve and that ended up being it until today! New Years Day was so windy that I made the stupid decision to accept an offer to go running! Not just running down the road...no...that would be to easy! My friends wanted to run up Dead Cow! Sure I said! Well we ran/walked quickly up the 950ft of elevation in about .9 miles! Than we turned around and ran down! This is what proved to be fatal. I felt great for the rest of the day. The next morning when I woke up...not so much! I have two flights of stairs at my office and lets just say that I had to waddle up and down those for THREE days! My ass muscles, hamstrings, and calf muscles were toast!
With that pain I wasn't able to get on the bike at all. Then on Friday the rain hit. It rained heavily here in Thousand Oaks through the night. It was supposed to rain all day Saturday as well so I worked at the shop. It did not rain until Saturday night. Today I couldn't stand it any longer so I put on all my gear and took the Mountain Bike out on the road. I was about an hour in when I noticed the clouds coming over the mountains into the valley. They were scary looking! I was about 40 minutes from home so I hit the gas and the buckets started coming down just a I got home! Close call! Legs are pretty sore but I hope to get in some saddle time over the next three days. I will be off to Florida on Thursday and don't think that I will have the opportunity to ride while there. Our hotel seems to have a nice gym so I will need to get in some spins on the stationary bike if possible. It's time to turn up the training and turn down the bad eating. I am a little behind where I wanted to be as far as my fitness goes. I will also be off the bike for the week I am in Salt Lake City in a couple weeks. More gym workouts...yuck! Hope you guys are all staying dry!
Lucas

No comments: