Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rebuild Version 2.0

There is a reality that you face after being off of the bike for a period of time due to illness. Especially if you have to put your body through a bout of antibiotics. That reality is that your first few rides are powerless with a heart rate of a bazillion and the endurance to match a 4 year old an hour after eating a cupcake! The psychological aspect of this can hurt. My last few months on the bike I had gotten stronger, faster, and leaner. I felt as if I had really improved my training. Now I am just scared about how much of that I have lost. Today was day one of what I will call Rebuild Version 2.0. It felt so good to be in the saddle (except for the pain of actually being in the saddle!) I got in an hour at an easy pace and look very forward to another ride!

No comments: