Friday, March 9, 2007

Ready to Race

Well it has been an interesting two weeks! I have been training pretty freaking hard. After bonking so quickly in the last race, I have been working on my nutrition and fueling regemins. I would like to tell you that I found a way to cut out sugar but that would be a big white sugar lie! But I am working on cutting some out! Before my last race I thought that it would be a great idea to consume a couple different types of energy gel along with a couple of bottles of water.
Let's just say that I quickly learned that that was not the best idea! After doing some research, I have decided to give Hammer Nutritional products a shot. Hammer uses no simple sugars in their products. So using them as a system really should pay off. I have been using Heed, Sustained Energy, Perpetuem, Hammer Gel, Endurolytes and Recoverite in different combos depending on the length and intensity of my workout. I was pretty impressed by the results this week. They have a load of information on their website including a section on "The pre-race Meal." I will let you know how that info works after the race.
My goal for this race is to break under 42 minutes. My stretch goal is to break thru the 40 minute mark. I know that it is possibleif a few things go my way. Along with needing to not bonk, I hope that they start us with the large group again as this will keep us from encountering mass slower traffic. That alone could help me hit the 42 minute lap mark! It is supposed to be pretty hot, and that may play a part. Wish me long and strong legs my friends!
Peace
Lucas

No comments: